Directories are a kind of website which are used to store businesses and their information. Simply to say, it is the process of adding website to web directory. In telephone directory you can find any number by name. It is one of the off-page SEO techniques. To submit your website details like name, link and description of your website, you need to select the best directory. Your domain authority will increase and helps you to get more traffic from google search engine if you keep doing this regularly. It also increases your domain authority in google search results. Directory submission helps to generate more traffic flow towards your website and improves the search engine rankings.
1. For better search engine rankings: By listing your website in the top directories, your website will get the required exposure in online.
2. Increase link popularity: One of the main benefits of directory submission is you will get high quality backlinks. Search engines consider the number of backlinks you have and directory submission will give your website the required backlinks
3. Indexing of pages and blog posts: Directory submission provides guaranteed search engine indexing. When you submit your website to directories, it will get indexed in the search engines. The search engines locate your website following the backlinks from other websites.
4. Generate more traffic to your blog: If you have used the right keywords for your submissions, your directory listings will get listed in the search engine listings. This will send you targeted traffic to your website even if your website does not have top rankings in the search engines.
Types Of Directory Submission
* Free directory submission: It is free for directory submission but there is no guarantee for getting approved your link by administrator and it will take lots of time.
* Reciprocal regular web directory listing. You need to submit a reciprocal link to your site when you activate directory link. Then only directory administrator will approve your link.
* Paid directory submission: The owner of directories site will charge for submission. You will get fast backlinks from this type of submission. Some sites offer this package for yearly or lifetime.
* Automatic directory submission: You can use software and tools to submit directories.
* Manual directory submission: You need to do directory submissions manually. However, all the search engines including Google don’t encourage manipulative ranking efforts.
* Nofollow directory submission: The nofollow attribute usage is becoming controversial in the world of search engines. In directory submissions, should you consider submitting your site to no follow directories?
* Dofollow directory submission: If you are a blogger who wants to increase your blog rankings then dofollow directories helps you to get SERP. Dofollow backlinks helps in getting high rankings. high amount of traffic.
* Niche directory submission: These are the directories that includes RSS feeds, blogs, scripts and software’s, Web hosting companies, Web designers, SEO companies and other online businesses. Every niche directory is dedicated to a specific subject, listed as a category under a general directory.
Top 5 Things To Consider While Doing Directory Submission
* If the directory itself is not indexed, there is no point in getting listed in it. So, make sure that the directories are indexed and cached by major search engines like Google, Bing etc.
* Target various terms like your brand name, main keywords, exact match domain name, related keywords, synonyms of main keywords, long tail keywords etc in the titles and descriptions.
* Manually submit to each directory or use the services of a manual directory submission service provider. Never use automated submission tools which makes 1000 submissions in one minute.
* Don’t depend entirely on directory submissions. Use other link building tactics like guest blogging, info-graphics, social bookmarking etc. along with directory submission.
* Submit to various types of directories like general, niche, regional, country specific, industry specific, premium directories etc.